The Skills will be extremely useful in the days and months ahead helping people to recognise their own thoughts, feelings and behaviours, allowing them to manage their own emotions and mental health and providing a common shared language to promote effective communication.
If you are supporting clients or students remotely using computer live streaming, telephone contact, setting work to do at home etc, then we trust you will find this guide helpful.
SEE BELOW FOR ALL ONLINE SOLUTIONS.
LEARNING THE DECIDER SKILLS
Contact us for details about using the Self Help online course for your clients
Teaching The Decider Skills remotely to your clients:
- Use your manual to guide you
- When teaching the 12 Life Skills, plan 7 sessions of approx 30 mins per session
- Session 1. Teach The Fizz and The Bubble-man
- Sessions 2 - 7. Re-cap previous session then teach two skills per session
- Be encouraging and clear
- Ask clients to think about when they might use the skill in their own life
- If you are teaching via video live streaming - show the prop, talk about it, brief demo
- Clinicians can use the online resources
- Follow the instructions on the page re username and password.
If you are teaching the 32 Therapeutic Skills - adapt the teaching plan to include more sessions and maybe more skills each session.
See below re using The Decider Skills for Self Help online course.
FOR YOUR CLIENTS/STUDENTS
Let your clients/students know they can:
- See the STOPP skill information page and download the free STOPP app from their app store
- ALL OTHER LINKS BELOW CAN BE ACCESSED FROM THE STOPP PAGE
- Download The Decider Skills free App
- View The Decider Videos
- Where to find help page
- The Decider Skills for Self Help information page
See below re The Decider Skills for Self Help online course.
If you are a primary school using The Decider Life Skills Good2Go videos, then you can share your screen (using Zoom, Teams etc) to show the Good2Go videos when livestreaming lessons. Parents/carers can be emailed the information leaflet and the link to access the animated videos
THE DECIDER SKILLS FOR SELF HELP ONLINE COURSE
This online course for clients is available at discounted rates for organisations - please contact us for details.
Suggested format (individual or group via video conferencing)
- Optional pre-course introduction session
- Client completes the online course
- Optional review session/s during the course
- Post-course session: recap, summary, discussion regarding using the skills in real life
THE DECIDER ONLINE SOLUTIONS
THE DECIDER 12 LIFE SKILLS
THE DECIDER 32 THERAPEUTIC SKILLS