Initial pilot study conducted in 2013 by Vivyan and Ayres
Aims of the pilot study
- To explore the effectiveness of a CBT & DBT skills training group with long term mental health service users suffering with complex mental health problems.
- 20 clients completed the The Decider Skills group over 12 weeks in 1.5 hour sessions
- Clients were measured on a series of clinical scales, HADs , BEST pre and post the course and the differences recorded
- Clinicially significant reduction in clinical scores gloabal distress, anxiety and depression.
- 9 month follow-up measures were also taken from six participants with results indicating a promising long-term effectiveness of the Decider Skills group.