Each attendee completed a questionnaire using a Likert scale of 1 (strongly disagree) to 5 (strongly agree) regarding effective coping skills.
The mean score for service users' self-rated effective coping skills at the start of workshop was 13.9 and 20.9 at end of workshop.
Staff's mean scores increased from 20 at start of workshop to 26.3 at end of workshop.
Written feedback received:
- A very informative workshop. Thank you.
- Thank you! This is a very helpful workshop to help explain the skills that people can use when they’re feeling the fizz. It would be great if you could run courses like this in primary school, especially now the new curriculum is addressing mental health and wellbeing.
- Have found this very useful but not totally relevant in coping with anxiety and ways to do so, more relevant to anger and stress. But overall will be used in my day to day life. Very entertaining too!
- Not sure how much I’ll be able to remember.
- A very inspiring, entertaining workshop. Very informative. Thank you.
- Thank you. The course was very interesting. I came to support my friend as she felt I needed the course as well. And I did. Thank you again.
- Thank you very much… a thought provoking workshop …I shall visit the website. Thanks again for all the energy you put into today’s presentation.
- Just a big thank you.
- Thank you so much for this course. I was very anxious about coming but am so glad I did. It was a serious topic presented in a fun way which will definitely help me with my emotions.
- Very informative and interesting course. I will admit I was sceptical at first but I feel that if I implement these actions it will help me greatly.
- Although this workshop was very good, because I have been so mentally unwell for so long without any help, I have already started doing a lot of these myself. I think if anything this has made me realise how far I have come and how proud I am of myself!
- I have heard about the skills but only briefly, this has deepened my understanding though I think they should be taught sooner.
- Very helpful in a light-hearted and comical manner!
- Immediately, I don’t believe huge amounts have changed, I do however believe that with some time to practise these skills, I may be able to make these a natural part of my thought processes. I do feel with time it will help.
- I am hopeful, however until I have had the chance to use these skills I do not know how well they will work, but am eager to try.
- I am 37 and for the past 20 years I never thought I could change. This has given me hope. Thank you.
- This was really helpful – I thought of lots of everyday examples where I could be using these skills to manage better. Thank you.
- Was a great way to get the 12 skills across. Acting out each skills really makes a statement.
- Personable and informative course. Many skills which I use with my service users and some which I have not but now will! Relaxed environment and delivered with great effect.
- Very useful personally and also I can see many ways I can use it with the people I work with.
- I like the way it was set out
- A well presented course that delivered the information clearly
- Easily understandable. Easy to know when to use. Enjoyed a lot. Many thanks.